Find the Right Volunteer Match for You
Below are tips from ConnectSouthside and Hands on Greater Richmond:
Finding a volunteer opportunity that fits your needs can be an adventure in itself. Volunteering offers benefits for you and the organization you serve. It is important to think about what you are looking for and what you realistically think you can offer an organization. Below are a few questions that can help guide you to find the right volunteer placement.
? ? ? QUESTIONS TO PONDER ? ? ?
- Why do I want to volunteer?
- What am I hoping to learn or experience through volunteering?
- Do I want my volunteer experience to be short-term or long-term?
- What type of time commitment am I willing to make? (weekly, monthly, etc.)
- When do I want to volunteer? (evening, workdays, weekends, holidays)
- What type of role am I interested in taking on? (program management, manual labor, fundraising, direct service, administrative)
- What issue am I interested in addressing? (environment, health, education, human needs, animal welfare, etc.)
Now that you know exactly what you're looking for, Get Started